Why Study in USA ?
American education has formed a niche for itself that has sustained years of trying and testing. Some of the salient features of USA as the study destination are:
- Highest international acceptability and reputation
- As an investment in your future, a U.S. degree offers excellent value for the money. A wide range of tuition fees and living costs, plus some financial help from universities, make study in the United States affordable for thousands of students
- Students have the freedom to choose from various courses within their university and have a choice of migrating from one institute to the other. Beyond the classroom walls, countless extra-curricular activities give students a chance to develop leadership skills and community spirit. U.S. universities promote outside-class learning through varied social, cultural, and sports activities
- Jobs and stay back options
- Top Ranking Institutions – almost half of the top 100 Universities in the world are in USA
- Opportunity of practical training during or after study
- Financial Assistance – available for meritorious students
- International students are allowed to work 20 hours per week during their course and 40 hours per week during their vacations
- They can make up to 9 to 15 $ per hour
- An F-1 student is generally entitled up to one year of post-completion practical training. Authorization for this type of practical training may be granted for a maximum of 12 months and starts once you have graduated or completed your course of study
Our Services for USA
TEST PREPARATION SERVICE
- Comprehensive preparations for GRE, GMAT, SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, PTE**.
- Small batch sizes
- Customized course according to students strength and weakness
- Regular assessment of progress
- Unlimited doubt sessions*
- Library facility
**in select locations
ADMISSION GUIDANCE SERVICES (AGS)
- Shortlisting appropriate institutions as per students profile
- Application processing
- Asisting students to put together powerful SOP’s & essays* and final editing
- Assisting with visa process & advising on documentation
- Pre-departure information and orientation
* Study Overseas Global does not write the SOP/essay for student. The student has to provide the content.
View About the Test
- The Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) is a standardized test that is an admission requirement for many graduate schools in the United States, in other English-speaking countries and for English-taught graduate and business programs world-wide.
- Created and administered by Educational Testing Service (ETS) in 1949, the exam aims to measure verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, analytical writing and critical thinking skills that have been acquired over a long period of time and that are not related to any specific field of study.
- The GRE General Test is offered as a computer-based exam administered by selected qualified testing centers.
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a computer-adaptive standardized test in mathematics and the English language for measuring aptitude to succeed academically in graduate business studies. Business schools use the test as a criterion for admission into graduate business administration programs throughout the world.
- The SAT Reasoning Test is a standardized test for college admissions in the United States. The SAT is owned, published, and developed by the College Board, a nonprofit organization in the United States.
- The test is intended to assess a student’s readiness for college. The SAT is offered six times a year ie in October, November, December, January, May and June.
- The test is typically offered on the first Saturday of the month for the November, December, May, and June administrations.
OUR TRACK RECORD
We have sent over 14,000 undergraduate and post graduate students to UK, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore, USA and CANADA.
The USA & Canada division is powered by professionals who have been pioneers in test prep and admissions for American & Canadian study programs in various parts of the country. The division provides its services across India at its head office in New Delhi and South India Office at Chennai to all undergraduate and post- graduate students aspiring to study in North America.
Institution List in USA
University of California Riverside
Arkansas State University
- Bryant University
California Lutheran University
California State University Monterey Bay Campus
California State University, Bakersfield
California State University, San Bernardino
- Cambridge Education Group
City University Seattle
- Cleveland State University
College of Lake County
- Colorado State University
Colorado State University, Pueblo
Concordia University Chicago
- Curry College
Florida Gulf Coast University
- Florida International University
- George Mason University
- Hult International Business School
- Humboldt State University
Indiana Institute of Technology
INTO – Saint Louis University
- James Madison University
Johnson & Wales University
- Kent State University
- Long Island University – Brooklyn
- Long Island University – Post
Louisiana State University
- Marshall University
- Merrimack College
- Montana State University – Bozeman
- Morrisville State College
- New York at Drew University
- Newbury College
Northern Arizona University
Northwest Missouri State University
- Oregon State University
- Pace University
Pittsburgh State University
- Quinnipiac University
- Rivier University
- Roosevelt University
San Francisco State University
San Jose State University
- Southern New Hampshire University
St. Peters University, New York
- Study Group
- Suffolk University
SUNY University at Albany
- Texas A&M University Corpus Christi
- The City College of New York
The French Pastry School
- The State University of New York
- The University of New Hampshire
The University of Rhode Island
The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
The University of Wisconsin – Green Bay
- UMass Boston
- UMass Dartmouth
- UMass Lowell
United States University
Univerisyt of Michigan Dearborn
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
University of Central Florida
- University of Cincinnati
University of Colorado Denver
University of Findlay
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Indianapolis
University of Kansas
- University of Maine
University of Montana – Missoula
- University of North Texas
University of Redlands
University of South Carolina
- University of South Florida
- University of Southern Maine
University of the Pacific
University of the Potomac
- University of Vermont
Western New England University
- Wheellock College
- Widener University
Application Process and Deadlines in the USA
When it comes to university-level education, North America (including USA & Canada) inspires the academic respect and imagination of the world. Names such as Harvard, Stanford, Princeton, MIT, Toronto and McGill have become global education brands.
In the two most influential global university ranking indices (The Times Higher Education Guide and US News), North American universities have a near monopoly on the top 100 places. In addition to the more well-known institutions, the USA & Canada have a plethora of other high quality public and private colleges and universities.
You will find that a US / Canadian higher education adds considerable value to your professional development. It can enhance your career and prepare you for leadership in India or abroad. It will broaden your horizons and expose you to a variety of perspectives, the latest technology, and state-of-the-art research and training. A degree from a US or Canadian institution is a stamp of excellence that is of lifetime value.
There are a number of components in an application for higher studies in USA / Canada – applications forms, test scores, essays, university transcripts and recommendations. You need to know how to create a compelling application and represent yourself well on paper in order to win an interview and acceptance.
Maximize your chances of admission to the Universities of your choice with Study Overseas Admissions Guidance Service. Our admission guidance team will review your application to ensure you make the best possible impression on admissions committees. Consulting is available as a stand alone product or as part of a package with classroom coaching.
There are mainly two intakes- Fall (August) and Spring (January)
- Fall is the major intake as all the university options are open for admission unlike Spring when certain choices are not available.
- Application Deadline- The deadline for submitting the application varies from university to university and course to course. However, it is generally from October to March for Fall intake and for spring intake the deadline is 15 October.
The basic requirements for the application are the LOR, TRANSCRIPT, and FINANCIAL DOCUMENTS when you apply
Students have to apply online both for Bachelors as well as Masters and each University has a different fee.
- Sealed & stamped 10th, 11th and 12th Official Transcripts from school
- 2 letter of Recommendations from school teachers.
- Statement of Purpose
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities & other achievements, if available
- Official Transcripts from University
- 2 Academic recommendation and 1 from the employer(if the candidate has any work experience)
- Statement of Purpose
- Essays, if required by the University
- Detailed CV
- Certificate of extra-curricular activities & other achievements, if available
Cost of Studying in USA
The cost of education in the USA varies between the states and the institutions.
Average tuition fees per year range from $15,000 to $60,000 (Private Institutions) and $10,000 to $20,000 (State Institutions)
Living expenses per year – $10,000-$16,000
USP of USA as a place to live
The United States of America is a federal constitutional republic comprising of 50 states, a multicultural nation with variety of ethnic groups, traditions and values. It’s one of the most favored study destinations for millions of students around the globe. To top it all, US universities offer extensive opportunities for education and internship.
Estimated expenses for Undergraduate and Graduate Courses comprises of two things:
- Tuition Fees
- Living Expenses
Scholarships, Grants, Fellowships are based on the student’s academic performance of international students. Tution Fee waivers are provided but are strictly merit based so students don’t have to fill any separate form like federal students can do so for availing need based scholarships.
Further, Financial Aid funding is also granted at PG level but again this strictly depends on the students’ credentials.
There are various types of scholarships offered.
Fellowship scholarship – This scholarship is awarded on the student’s ability, competence and performance.
Graduate Assistantship Scholarship – Is awarded for the students who involve in teaching or research assistantship. It can be given as cash, stipend or fee waiver. This is normally called RA or TA
Sports Scholarship – Is offered to outstanding athletes students.
Studying and Living in USA
Students find help at hand
US universities have special staff assigned for guiding foreign students called International Student Advisers. Students can seek their help as and when if they face any problems. US universities hold arrival orientations for international students to familiarize them with the campus and it facilities and also to help them adjust to their new life in the United States. Students are assigned Counselors with whom they can discuss any issues regarding changing of majors and also to appoint a coach for themselves.
It is always best to stay on campus. Not only are the basic amenities easily accessible but also on-campus life allows students to gradually integrate into the student community under the guidance of peers and staff. If on campus option is not available then one should look for the home-stays or rented accommodation. Home-stays provide family life and are usually cheaper than on campus accommodation. Depending on your location, home-stays usually cost 800-1000USD a month on single occupancy room basis, including meals. Students who decide to rent an apartment can also get valuable help from the university student association.
Some universities have their own credit union or other banking services. Before opening an account, find out which banks are near where you would live and study. It may be difficult to open an account from overseas, so take enough money with you to live on until you can open a US account and arrange for funds to be transferred from home.
Getting ready for different destination and living alone should be prepared with basic necessities. As a student you plan accordingly, prepare a list of things which you will need initially. Make sure your baggage should include seasonally and appropriate clothing, insurance documents, medical prescription back up supply and letter from doctor
It is a good idea to take a few small mementos of home with you – photos of friends and family will brighten your room and remind you of what you’re temporarily leaving behind. Ensure that you have the right clothes to battle the change of seasons.
When you first arrive, it is expected that you will be calling home frequently. It is essential to check your phone’s compatibility with US mobile operators, as some phones don’t work in the US. With diverse choices of handsets and monthly plans, you can enjoy variety in handsets, operators and competitive costs. Since most prepaid connections require a Social Security card, a prepaid connection is cost effective and a convenient alternative.
Internet & Email Access
Usually college campus is fully equipped with Wi-Fi. Students do get access in the college campus. But it’s better to have a personal laptop. You can check out the details at your university’s book store.